Bibb County's Teacher of the Year Program
Teacher of the Year Selection Process for Selecting the Bibb Teacher of the Year
1. Each school selects a Teacher of the Year and an Alternate. Schools have autonomy in their selection process, but are encouraged to adhere to the following state guidelines below when naming a Teacher of the Year.
The candidate should be a certified teacher (with a clear and renewable certificate) in a state-approved or accredited school; Pre-Kindergarten through grade twelve, who is planning to continue in an active teaching status, and who: (1) is an expert in their field who guides students of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve excellence; (2) collaborates with colleagues, students and families to create a school culture of respect and success; (3) deliberately connects the classroom and key stakeholders to foster a strong community at large; (4) demonstrates leadership and innovation in and outside of the classroom walls that embodies lifelong learning; and (5) expresses themselves in an engaging and articulate way. Additionally, candidates must be a teacher for at least three years. Qualified ROTC teachers are allowed to participate.
2. Each school submits the names of the Teacher of the Year and the Alternate to the Department of Communications in April.
3. The Department of Communications sends each Teacher of the Year an application packet. The Teacher of the Year from each school must submit the completed application packet to Kim Pelt, Department of Communications, by email to Kimberly.Pelt@, by an established deadline prior to the end of the school year.
4. Application packets submitted late will be disqualified. In addition, incomplete application packets will be disqualified.
5. The Department of Communications provides each member of the Bibb Teacher of the Year Committee with copies of the completed application packets. Members of the Bibb Teacher of the Year Committee will be selected each year by the Department of Communications. Members may be asked to serve more than one year. Typically, the Committee will be diverse, with representatives from such departments as Communications, Teaching and Learning, Professional Learning, and Human Resources.
6. Committee members read, evaluate and score the application packets based on a rubric. The Committee meets as a group to choose finalists for Bibb Teacher of the Year.
7. The Department of Communications notifies finalists. Finalists are asked to participate in final-round interviews and complete the Georgia Teacher of the Year application packet. 天津体育彩票网Phone interviews will be acceptable if finalists are not available for an in-person interview.
8. The Bibb Teacher of the Year Committee selects the Bibb Teacher of the Year and the Alternate Bibb Teacher of the Year based on a rubric.
8. The Bibb Teacher of the Year and the Alternate Bibb Teacher of the Year are announced and honored at a District event, such as the District's Convocation. Results remain a secret until they are announced. If the District chooses not to have a Convocation, alternate arrangements will be made to announce and celebrate the Bibb Teacher of the Year and the Alternate Bibb Teacher of the Year.
9. The Teacher of the Year from each school is recognized at a later event, which may or may not include a Board of Education meeting.
10. The Bibb Teacher of the Year submits the completed GaDOE state application packet and an approved headshot to the Department of Communications by the deadline provided by the Department of Communications.
12. Refer to the Georgia Teacher of the Year Application Packet for the process used at the state level.
* Updated Spring 2019
天津体育彩票网-2021 TEACHER OF THE YEAR TIMELINE
March 23, 天津体育彩票网: Deadline to submit names of 天津体育彩票网-2021 School Teachers of the Year to stephanie.hartley@
March 25: Announcement by Communications Department of all 天津体育彩票网-2021 School Teachers of the Year. (Tell your teacher before this date.)
April 20 by noon: Teacher of the Year Application Packets Due
May 11: Teacher of the Year Committee Meeting *committee only
May 18-22: Top 5 Finalists for Bibb County Teacher of the Year Announced (one each day)
May 28: In-person interviews of Top 5 Finalists
July 31: Convocation - Bibb County Teacher of the Year announced
TBA: Bibb County Teacher of the Year Celebration (light reception and awards ceremony)
BIBB COUNTY TEACHERS OF THE YEAR
2019-天津体育彩票网: Chef Mark Robinson, W.S. Hutchings College & Career Academy
2018-2019: Jarred Moore, Northeast High School
2017-2018: Felicia Batts, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School
2016-2017: Dominique Nichols, Westside High School (Named Runner-up for 2018 Georgia Teacher of the Year)
2015-2016: Morgan Jarvis, Howard High School
2014-2015: Brian Butler, Rutland High School
2013-2014: Catrice Allen, Taylor Elementary School
2012-2013: Katie Wall, Westside High School
2011-2012: Thiago Aleixo, Elam Alexander Academy
2010-2011: Jadun McCarthy, Northeast High School (Named 2012 Georgia Teacher of the Year)
2009-2010: Anthony "Tony" Jones, Rutland High School
2008-2009: Keturah Reese, Ballard-Hudson Middle School
2007-2008: Sonny Reeves, Hutchings College & Career Academy